I love coconut butter. It is a great way to increase the amount of good fat in our diets, which most of us need to work on.
Good fat is important for hormone balance and a strong immune system. Learn more about balancing your hormones in this free chapter of my book, Nourishing Space Within: Essentials of Self-Care.
Unfortunately, coconut butter is pretty expensive.
Fortunately, it is very simple to make.
Shall we get started?
Here is what you need:
A blender or food processor
6 cups of organic dried coconut flakes, any flake size will do
Here is how you make it:
- Add 3 cups of organic dried coconut flakes to your blender or food processor and blend.
- When the first 3 cups are fairly broken down, add the next 3 cups one at a time.
- Be patient, this can take up to 10-15 minutes in a food processor and quite a bit less in a high-powered blender (I love my Vitamix!).
- Blend until it is smooth. The longer you blend, the smoother the butter.
- When it reaches your desired consistency, pour into a glass jar and seal with a lid.
This will keep well in the cupboard. Enjoy in curries, spread it on your pancakes, use as frosting with a little honey, add it to smoothies, the possibilities are endless and delicious.
How do you like to use coconut butter?
Leave a comment below and let me know!
As always, thank you for reading and sharing this post!
Leave a comment below and if you know someone who can benefit, please pass this information along.
Now get blending!
In Health and Balance,
*Links are affiliate links to support creation of online courses for you. The cost to you is the same- you don’t pay more.