This is a simple and effective hydrotherapy treatment to speed healing for colds, coughs, flu, headaches, or any upper respiratory infection. For best results, use at the first sign of sore throat, cough, or congestion.
WARMING SOCK TREATMENT
The warming sock treatment is best if repeated for at least three nights in a row.
Sore throat or any inflammation or infection of the throat, neck pain, ear infections, headaches, migraines, nasal congestion, upper respiratory infections, coughs, bronchitis, and sinus infections.
1 pair white cotton socks
1 pair thick wool socks
Warm bath/shower or warm foot bath
1. Warm your feet first. This is very important, as the treatment will not be as
effective. Warming can be accomplished by soaking your feet in warm water
for at least 5—10 minutes or taking a warm bath or shower for 5—10 minutes.
2. Dry your feet with a dry towel.
3. Take a pair of cotton socks and soak them in very cold water for a couple of
4. Wring the socks out thoroughly so they do not drip.
5. Place cold wet socks on feet. Cover with thick wool socks. Go directly to
bed. Avoid getting chilled.
6. Keep both pairs of socks on overnight. The wet cotton socks
will be dry in the morning.
Effects of the Warming Sock Treatment:
This treatment increases the circulation and decreases the congestion in the upper respiratory passages, head, and throat. Due to its sedating action, many patients report deeper sleep during the treatment. It also helps to decrease pain and speeds healing time of acute infections.
As always, thank you for reading and sharing this post. If you know someone who can benefit, please pass this information along. Sign up for my HealthLetter and stay updated!
Resources (affiliate links):
Thick Alpaca Winter Socks For Men Or Women 100% Alpaca
Unisex 100% Natural Cotton Crew Socks